Take a little time to think of what you are going to say for once said it cannot be unsaid.
– Emma, from the 2009 miniseries of the same name
The entries that follow, dear Reclaimer, are in a battle – a battle with awesomeness.
“Awesomeness,” in this case, is defined as an amazing community of people drawn together by the force of Halo.
The battle I speak of has nothing to do with containment procedures, plasma grenades or Section Three of ONI; this conflict deals with the idea that I could possibly have something to contribute to an already richly furnished multimedia landscape of blogs, opinions and videos that concern the Halo universe.
Do I really think something more needs to be said?
Thankfully Reclaimer, this battle has already been fought and won – or you and I wouldn’t be here.
The answer is yes!
I’ve always been fascinated (and impressed) by fiction that I can get lost in, and Halo has provided that. Whether playing the games, studying the fiction or talking with friends and family about either, I find that time flies by. I find myself thinking “how could I do something related to this for a living?”
When something has the ability to both speed up time and make you want to work on it eight plus hours a day, it’s time to speak up.
So here it is – my stated purpose for these entries:
- To chronicle the good times Halo has given me, past and present
- To encourage others in the Halo community – you are fantastic and you’re going to hear about it from me!
- To publish my thoughts and passion for Halo into something that those with authority can notice and therefore evaluate recruitment
- To follow through on my wife’s faith and support for this idea; quote, “you should do this!” 🙂
With these goals, dear Reclaimer, I venture forth with words that cannot be unsaid.
Please join me as your time allows.
>>>>>>>>> [Post tenebras lux]