There are times when the fiction of Halo can spill over into life in ways you don’t expect.
On my way home from work last week I was listening to the last half of Cryptum, picturing in my mind’s eye the Deep Reverence and how it might have looked in its glory days when I had an unexpected thought – I’m about to get in an accident.
I’m okay and no one was injured, so that’s the main thing. Sadly that is not the case for the car – totaled.
After the accident was cleaned up a series of statements and questions spun through my brain, and I had to laugh at some of them – I think you’ll be able to tell which:
- Everyone okay? Good
- How bad is the damage?
- If my car would have been of Forerunner design this would never have happened.
- I should gather up my stuff
- What would the Didact have done in this situation? Why won’t his memories answer me?
- Good thing I didn’t waste my money on a scheduled oil change
- Did the Librarian arrange all of this?
- How am I going to get to work tomorrow?
- Did I leave Riser in the trunk? Better check
Next time I’m taking the Warrior Keep to work.
>>>>>>>[Post tenebras lux]