December 29, 2015 – we played Coup and its expansion, Reformation, along with Splendor with CurrerBell’s parents.
Her dad loves the social deduction of Coup and I had not played the expansion yet, so it was great to see it in action.
I’m not sure yet if it improves the original, but it certainly added a new dynamic which was fun and kept things interesting.
LANs are great, be they video or board game.
The former is what took place on February 20-21 of last year (2015) and we had a fantastic time – games played:
- On the Brink (Pandemic Expansion)
- In the Lab (Pandemic Expansion) – first time played with either of these expansions, but I was glad I had someone else looking at the rule book. There was a lot more to keep track of
- King of Tokyo
- Lord of the Rings: The Confrontation – this game is always so good. Even when you lose, it’s always so close and goes back and forth so many times. Having said that I still wish I would have won!
- Coup – we played eight games of this and I did really well, mostly because unlike The Resistance you can use the truth more to your advantage I think
- Hanabi – first time playing this and really enjoyed it; the goal for us was to try to be perfect rather than just win
- Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game