Finished Star Wars Catalyst by James Luceno on April 19th of this year.
As a lead up to Rogue One I appreciated learning more about where the characters were before the events of the movie went down.
Bonus Fact: This was the first book I read on my Kindle product and I enjoyed the experience.
Currer had yet to see it, so we watched Rogue One on April 6th of this year.
Finished Star Wars Rebels (Season 2) on March 28, 2017.
Sometime in December of 2016 I saw Rogue One: A Star Wars Story.
We finished watching Star Wars The Force Awakens as a family over the course of three nights on September 9, 2016.
It’s been so much fun to enjoy the saga with the kids!
I finished Star Wars Battlefront: Twilight Company by Alexander Freed on vacation in the summer of 2016.
It was a great read and when I saw Star Wars: Rogue One for the first time I felt a strong sense of familiarity; this book laid down the ground work for that cinematic adventure.
On May 24, 2016 I listened to the Star Wars Shadows of the Empire soundtrack while at work.
A few thoughts:
- Feels like the original trilogy, and I do feel like I’m following a story as I follow the song titles
- Reminds me Indiana Jones music as well, especially the beginning of “Xizor’s theme”
- Made me think of the video game, Dash Rendar and the different worlds of that game, etc.
- The chorus singing was a surprise, but I loved it
- “Imperial March” during “Night Skies” was great, and the choral around it, then the Force theme as well towards the end of the same track. Great stuff
- Joel McNeely also does several of the Tinkerbell soundtracks. Small world!
Finished watching the special features of Star Wars The Force Awakens on May 2, 2016 and what stuck out most to me was who wasn’t there: George Lucas.
Overall I think this is a good thing, but it was still odd while watching.
April 27, 2016 – Finished the first book in what will eventually be a trilogy, Star Wars Aftermath is done.
Author is Chuck Wending.
Began Star Wars Dark Disciple on March 31, 2016.
A good read; it kept me guessing and wanting to know what the heck was going to happen through the very end.