The girls got their first taste of the prequel trilogy this year when we finished The Phantom Menace on September 19th.
The Best Part
It was a big success, with everyone loving the film (even Jar-Jar!). Episodes II and III are on hold for now, but we’ll get there.
The kids played Star Wars: Battlefront for the first time on July 23rd of this year.
A small step into a larger world
As we experience more and more Star Wars together this was a fun way to see them enjoy the universe even more; and create some pretty big explosions 😀
Finished Star Wars Catalyst by James Luceno on April 19th of this year.
As a lead up to Rogue One I appreciated learning more about where the characters were before the events of the movie went down.
Bonus Fact: This was the first book I read on my Kindle product and I enjoyed the experience.
Currer had yet to see it, so we watched Rogue One on April 6th of this year.
Finished Star Wars Rebels (Season 2) on March 28, 2017.
Sometime in December of 2016 I saw Rogue One: A Star Wars Story.
We finished watching Star Wars The Force Awakens as a family over the course of three nights on September 9, 2016.
It’s been so much fun to enjoy the saga with the kids!
I finished Star Wars Battlefront: Twilight Company by Alexander Freed on vacation in the summer of 2016.
It was a great read and when I saw Star Wars: Rogue One for the first time I felt a strong sense of familiarity; this book laid down the ground work for that cinematic adventure.
On May 24, 2016 I listened to the Star Wars Shadows of the Empire soundtrack while at work.
A few thoughts:
- Feels like the original trilogy, and I do feel like I’m following a story as I follow the song titles
- Reminds me Indiana Jones music as well, especially the beginning of “Xizor’s theme”
- Made me think of the video game, Dash Rendar and the different worlds of that game, etc.
- The chorus singing was a surprise, but I loved it
- “Imperial March” during “Night Skies” was great, and the choral around it, then the Force theme as well towards the end of the same track. Great stuff
- Joel McNeely also does several of the Tinkerbell soundtracks. Small world!
Finished watching the special features of Star Wars The Force Awakens on May 2, 2016 and what stuck out most to me was who wasn’t there: George Lucas.
Overall I think this is a good thing, but it was still odd while watching.